Mahi Mahi Tacos with Corn and Tomato Salsa
If there’s one food you can’t go wrong with, it’s tacos. Whether you are a crunchy taco shell kind of person or a soft tortilla lover, there’s just something about tacos.
Is it because it’s pretty fun to eat with your hands? Is it because it contains some of everything – meat, veggies, sour cream? Or maybe it’s because they are so easily customizable for your liking?
Perhaps it is one of those questions that we don’t have an answer for but “just because!” One thing that we are sure of is this – Tacos are extremely quick and easy to make. (And of course, they are always delicious!)
“It was beyond delicious and easy to make after a tough workout. The boyfriend and I toasted to Cook Smarts throughout the meal!”
This yummy take on fish tacos features an awesome spice blend to season fresh Mahi Mahi fish, which is baked in the oven, making this meal super quick and healthy. Instead of the usual cheese, sour cream, and lettuce topping, we get summery with a light and refreshing corn and tomato salsa.
And to finish it off, a squeeze of lime juice. Don’t forget the lime juice! It really makes the dish.
“One of my favorite meals on Cook Smarts! I love fish tacos and these are outstanding, especially the corn and tomato salsa. Will be making repeatedly this summer.”
Simple, fast, and delicious. This is why you can’t go wrong with tacos, and why this should be one must-try meal for the summer.
And if you just can’t get enough of tacos, try out our other tasty and easy taco recipes:
These tacos don’t require much work. All you need to do is prep the fish and chop some fresh produce. Here’s how:
How to Rinse and Dry Fish
See how easy it is to quickly get fish ready for cooking.
How to Dice Shallots
This short video shows you how easy it is to chop shallots, which lend a lot of flavor to your cooking.
How to Chop Cilantro or Parsley
Learn how to chop parsley using the 'pivot-and-fan' chopping technique with this short video.
Top your tacos with slices of avocado. We like them sliced like this:
How to Slice Avocados into Wedges
Learn how to peel an avocado and chop it into wedges.
- Mahi Mahi Tacos
- Mahi mahi - 1 lb., sliced (Sub tilapia)
- Coriander - 1 tsp.
- Cumin - ½ tsp.
- Garlic powder - ½ tsp.
- Paprika - ½ tsp.
- Salt - ¼ tsp.
- Cooking oil - 1 tbs.
- Tortillas - 8
- Avocado - 1
- Limes - ½, juice of
- Corn and Tomato Salsa
- Shallots - 1 bulb, diced
- Cherry tomatoes - 1 pint, halved
- Cilantro - ¼ bunch, chopped
- Corn - 2 cups
- Paprika - ½ tsp.
- Red wine vinegar - 1 tbs
- Mahi mahi – Rinse and dry. Slice into ¾” thick pieces.
- Shallots / Tomatoes / Cilantro – Prep as directed. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Brush or spray a sheet pan with some cooking oil. Mix together coriander, cumin, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and oil. Toss sliced mahi mahi in spice mixture and spread out into 1 layer on a sheet pan. Roast for 8 to 12 minutes, until fish is golden on the outside and opaque in the middle.
- Microwave corn for ~1 minute until unfrozen. Toss corn, shallots, tomatoes, and cilantro with paprika and red wine vinegar.
- Warm up tortillas according to package instructions.
- Slice avocado and limes.
- Let everyone assemble their own tacos, filled with fish, salsa, avocado, and a squeeze of lime juice (a must, in our humble opinion).