Our quick and easy Spinach, Mushroom, and Feta Frittata battled it out with our succulent Pork Tenderloin with Mashed Sweet Potatoes recently on our Facebook page, when we asked which you would rather eat. The winner? Well, it ended up as a tie, so we made the final decision! We decided to go with this delicious and simple frittata because, not only do we love breakfast food, we also love having breakfast for dinner! The versatility of a frittata makes it great to enjoy as a healthy meal for breakfast, for brunch when you have company over, or for a quick and tasty weeknight dinner.
“I particularly loved how easy the frittata was to put together — using the same pot to saute and bake in was GENIUS.” -Cara
No mess, and no fuss, this frittata also keeps dishes to a minimum. All it takes is one skillet! Saute the mushrooms on the stove, pour the egg mixture into the pan, and then pop it into the oven. Filled with juicy mushrooms, tender baby spinach, and salty feta cheese, we like to eat a slice of this warm Italian omelet with a side salad.
“I ate three servings by myself.” -Christopher
Cook Smarts member Christopher can’t explain it any better. One serving of this delicious frittata just isn’t enough. We like to gobble up this light yet filling meal! However, if you can show more restraint than we can, then get creative and use leftovers as a breakfast sandwich or roll it up in a tortilla for a breakfast burrito.
Make sure your veggies are prepped before cooking, because this is a very quick dish to come together. Here’s how: https://vimeo.com/57300127
For More Smarts:
- Onions – 1, sliced
- Brown mushrooms – ½ lb., quartered
- Large eggs – 8, whisked
- Plain yogurt – 2 tbs.
- Feta – 4 oz.
- Cooking oil – 1½ tbs.
- Baby spinach – 4 oz.
- Onions / Mushrooms – Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Eggs – Whisk with yogurt and some salt and pepper. Stir in feta.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat up a skillet over medium heat. Add in cooking oil and then onions to heated oil with a dash of salt. Saute for about ~5 minutes, until softened. Next add in mushrooms and cook for another 3 to 5 minutes, to let mushrooms soften.
- Add in spinach leaves and toss through to let the heat wilt the spinach. Pour in egg and feta mixture. Stir to mix everything through and then transfer to oven. Cook for 18 to 22 minutes until knife comes out cleanly.