Enjoy healthy, homemade sweet potato fries with this easy side dish recipe!
If you’re a subscriber to our meal plan service, you’ll know that I have a pretty unique way of roasting vegetables. We use this same high-heat vegetable roasting method for our oven roasted sweet potato fries! No oil, no deep-frying, just crunchy, hot fries. What’s not to love, right?
Dip these fries in ketchup for a delicious treat that go with any weeknight meal you’re planning.
Prepping & Cooking Smarts
- See how easy it is to chop sweet potatoes into fries with the short video below.
- Learn our special technique for roasting vegetables with our cooking formula video below.
How to Chop Potatoes for Fries
Watch this video to learn how to chop potatoes into fries.
How to Roast Veggies
We use super high temperatures to roast veggies quickly, making it perfect for any weeknight dinner.
- You only need sheet pans for this side dish, so make sure you have some good ones!
For more kitchen and equipment and tool smarts, visit our Essential Kitchen Cookware and Tools
- Sweet potatoes - 1 lb, sliced into fries
- Olive oil - 2 Tbsp
- Ketchup - for serving
- Sweet potatoes – Slice into fries. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- Place sweet potatoes on a sheet pan and then cover tightly with foil. Bake for 10 minutes on top rack.
- After sweet potatoes have steamed for 10 minutes, take them out and toss with olive oil and a generous sprinkle of salt. Roast for another 10 to 15 minutes uncovered, giving them a shake midway through. When done give them another sprinkle of salt and then enjoy dipped in ketchup.
A little note: Some of the above links are Amazon affiliate links, which means we earn a small percentage from those sales. We use this affiliate revenue to support the continued growth of Cook Smarts. Thank you!
Get more helpful cooking tips and resources by signing up for our newsletter below. We send out weekly emails that will help you improve in the kitchen and live a healthier life, so join our community today and start cooking smarter!