If you’re a subscriber to our meal plan service, you’ll know that I have a pretty unique way of roasting vegetables. We use this same high-heat vegetable roasting method for our oven roasted sweet potato fries! No oil, no deep-frying, just crunchy, hot fries. What’s not to love, right?
Dip these fries in ketchup for a delicious treat that go with any weeknight meal you’re planning.
Our cooking formula video shows you our special technique for roasting vegetables:
See how easy it is to chop sweet potatoes into fries:
Make sure you have some good sheet pans!
- Sweet potatoes – 1 lb., sliced into fries
- Olive oil – 2 tbs.
- Ketchup – for serving
- Sweet potatoes – Slice into fries. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- Place sweet potatoes in a sheet pan and then cover tightly with foil. Bake for 10 minutes on top rack.
- After sweet potatoes have steamed for 10 minutes, take them out and toss with olive oil and a generous sprinkle of salt. Roast for another 10 to 15 minutes uncovered, giving them a shake midway through. When done give them another sprinkle of salt and then enjoy dipped in ketchup.