Roasted Oregano Potatoes with Lemon Yogurt Sauce
Roasted vegetables are one of those go-to side dishes that can never go wrong. Now that the weather has gotten a lot colder, roasted veggies are even better, since they can warm up any meal. With a crunchy exterior, soft interior, and sweet caramelized flavor, these veggies are a delicious way to eat healthy and enjoy meal time!
We also discovered an awesome way to roast veggies quickly and easily every time, so once we experienced perfectly crispy and tender veggies, we couldn’t help but use this technique on other vegetables.
Check out this video to learn how to roast the best and tastiest veggies:
This method is just the right fit for this week’s roasted potatoes. By steaming the potatoes first, they get cooked through, so all that needs to be done is add crispiness. And boy, do these potatoes get crispy!
We know that roasted potatoes may seem kind of “everyday,” so we gave these spuds a flavor boost by adding oregano. Then, for the perfect pairing, we whipped up a quick lemon yogurt sauce that adds tanginess and creaminess to the dish.
If you want to try this roasted veggie technique on some other veggies, we highly recommend these Oven-Roasted Sweet Potato Fries and Asian-style Roasted Brussels Sprouts. With a dependable cooking method like this one, you will never have a shortage of amazingly delicious sides!
For More Smarts:
You can jazz up any meal just by adding spices. Learn more about spices here and put those pantry ingredients to good use!
All you need to roast veggies is a sheet pan. Easy clean-up!
- Roasted Oregano Potatoes:
- New or red potatoes – 1 1/2 lbs, quartered
- Dried oregano – 1/4 tsp
- Cooking oil – 2 tbsp
- Lemon Yogurt Sauce:
- Fresh dill (opt) – 1 1/2 tsp, chopped (or sub 1/4 tsp of dried)
- Plain Greek yogurt – 1/2 cup (or sub traditional plain)
- Lemon – 1/4, juice of
- Dijon mustard – 1/2 tsp
- Potatoes – Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Make yogurt sauce – Chop fresh dill if using. Mix with Greek yogurt, lemon juice, and mustard. Refrigerate if making ahead. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Heat oven to 500 degrees. Spread potatoes out into one even layer on a sheet pan. Cover tightly with foil and ‘steam’ for 10 minutes.
- After potatoes have steamed for ~10 minutes, remove foil and toss potatoes with oregano and cooking oil. Return to oven and roast for another 10 to 12 minutes, until golden and crispy on the outside. Salt and pepper right out of the oven.
- Enjoy potatoes with a dollop of yogurt sauce.