Next week marks a big Cook Smarts milestone. We hired our first new recipe developer to bring some fresh creativity to our meal plans. Don’t worry though, we didn’t invite just anybody to be part of the Cook Smarts family. We’re welcoming the awesome Chung-Ah Rhee of Damn Delicious. She clearly gets simple (but delicious) food and also happens to take gorgeous food photos. We put in a lot of brainstorming, but she’s come up with a delicious meal plan for next week.
- Monday: Black pepper tofu with rice
- Tuesday: Shrimp & chicken sausage fried rice
- Wednesday: Pulled pork gyros
- Thursday: Leftover pulled pork cobb salad
You can learn more about the menu in this short video. Also, to celebrate this milestone, we’re giving away 1 year meal plan subscription and a $50 Whole Foods gift certificate over on her blog (ends Friday, June 28th, so hop on over stat!). And of course, you can always taste test our service for free with no payment info required. You’ll get 3 sample plans and have the option to upgrade to a paid subscription whenever you’re ready to get new plans – like the one Chung-Ah’s created – every week.
Get Chung-Ah’s recipe for Thursday’s Leftover Pulled Pork Cobb Salad below. Since our meal plans are all about saving you time, we make a lot of pulled pork for Wednesday’s Pulled Pork Gyro dinner so we can have leftovers to make this salad the next day. Make sure to get that recipe here so you’ll have the leftover pulled pork to make this hearty summer salad.
Learn: How to cube avocados
- Eggs – 4, hard boiled
- Romaine hearts – 2, chopped
- Cherry tomatoes – 1 cup, halved
- Avocado – 1 to 2, cubed
- Apple cider vinegar – 1/4 cup
- Cilantro – 1/4 cup
- Lime – 1, juice of
- Honey or maple syrup – 1 tbs.
- Olive oil – 1/4 cup
- Frozen corn – 1 cup
- Leftover pulled pork – 2 cups
- Eggs – Place eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water by an inch. Add a generous dash of salt, and bring to a boil. Once it’s at a boil, take off heat and let sit in water for 11 minutes. Then run in cold water and peel shells. Older eggs make best hard boiled eggs.
- Romaine / Tomatoes / Avocado – Prep as directed
- Blend vinegar, cilantro, lime juice, sweetener, and olive oil in a blender. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Pop frozen corn in the microwave for ~1 minute. Heat up pulled pork to whatever temperature you want.
- To assemble the salad, place lettuce in a large bowl. Top with arranged rows of avocado, eggs, pulled pork, tomatoes, and corn. Serve with cilantro lime vinaigrette.
Thanks to Chung-Ah for all the mouthwatering photos in this post!