10 Strategies for Turning Picky Eaters into Curious Eaters
If you’ve got a picky eater at home and have been wondering, “How do I get my child to eat better?”, we’ve got 10 great strategies for you!
In this podcast episode, I’m tackling a big emotional topic for a lot of parents — how to help your picky eaters become more curious, adventurous eaters.
Just about every kid goes through some phase (or multiple phases) of picky eating, and it can be a super frustrating and challenging time for parents. Using my own personal experience as a mom combined with everything I’ve read on this topic, we’ll discuss a wide variety of strategies parents can use to help support the transition from picky eating to curious eating.
After this 30 minute episode, you’ll have the tools to:
- Shift your mindset and redefine what success looks like during dinner
- Make dinnertime a no-pressure environment
- Create more fun around the dinner table
- Involve your kids in the kitchen by letting them help meal plan and cook with you
Plus so much more!
Subscribe & review in your podcast player
We’re a brand new podcast, so please subscribe to us in your podcast player and leave a rating in iTunes! Those people at Apple take reviews and subscription numbers seriously so your endorsement really helps people find us.
We have another favor to ask — if you have a friend or a family member who is struggling with a picky eater, send this episode to them. They’ll be so grateful!
Links mentioned in this episode
- Learn more about Elly Satter and the Division of Responsibility
- Read Bee Wilson’s First Bite
- Read Dina Rose’s “It’s Not About the Broccoli”
- Play our Top Chef inspired Sensory Game and expand your kids’ food vocabulary
- Play our Ingredient BINGO game
- Get our family story cards — 50 questions your kids can ask to learn more about your family
- Discover ways to include kids in the kitchen
Get more helpful cooking tips and resources by signing up for our newsletter below. We send out weekly emails that will help you improve in the kitchen and live a healthier life, so join our community today and start cooking smarter!