The Best Diet for Toddlers with Kacie Barnes
Nutrition for toddlers is different from what your kids need at other ages. In this week’s parenting podcast episode, we talk with Kacie Barnes of Mama Knows Nutrition to learn how to create a balanced diet for toddlers, so you never have to worry if your kid is getting all the resources their little body needs!
Parenting toddlers can be full of challenges, and what is one of the most common challenges parents of toddlers face? Making sure their kiddos are eating a nutritious diet that sets them up for all the physical and mental development those little bodies are going through.
Unfortunately toddlers don’t necessarily make that easy to do. That’s why we invited Kacie Barnes, the Registered Dietitian Nutritionist of Mama Knows Nutrition, onto the podcast to help break down toddler nutrition for us, so we know exactly when there actually might be a problem.
In our chat, we cover:
- Big-picture nutrition guidelines for toddlers and what a healthy toddler diet should look like (it turns out that they do need way more carbs than adults do!)
- The feeding concerns parents often have and how to handle them
- Everything kids + sugar and how to make sure there’s less of it in your toddler’s diet
If you’re a parent of a tot, then don’t miss this episode full of Kacie’s wise and grounded advice that will have you feeling way less stressed and worried as a parent. She’s also been kind enough to offer her Picky Eater Starter Guide for free here!
If you’ve got questions you want us to answer in a future episode, comments about a previous episode, or just want to say hi and share some love, give us a call at 1-650-386-0290 and leave us a voicemail. You might just hear your voice on the podcast!
Love from our podcast community
“I’ve been using this meal plan for I believe over five years now and it has completely infiltrated into our everyday routine. We are never eating the same meals week to week (we used to be the taco salad, spaghetti, fajitas, chicken with a veggie, and chicken nugget rotation family:)) and the kids are more and more opening up to adapt to all the different flavors and types of food. This podcast is a great compliment to the meal plan but also a great podcast for anyone looking for some real life, easy tips and ideas around cooking. Jessica is a driven business woman and mom, evident to me as a long time customer. Highly recommend diving in!”
Subscribe & review in your podcast player
There are so many ways you can help support the podcast and more home cooking!
- Make sure you’re subscribed to us in your preferred podcast player
- Rate and review us on Apple Podcast. If we share your review in a future episode, we’ll send you a Cook Smarts tote bag to bring you more fun and eco-friendly grocery shopping! Kibiruns7, make sure to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can ship a new tote to you.
- Tell a friend about us!
Links mentioned in this episode
Check out the links we’ve mentioned:
- Learn more about Kacie on her website and follow her on her Instagram @mamaknows_nutrition
- Download her Picky Eater Starter Guide
- Purchase her ebook No Sugar, Still Sweet full of sugar-free recipes
- Download her Toddler Snack Guide
- Ellyn Satter and the Division of Responsibility
- Educated, by Tara Westover
A little note:
Some of the above links are Amazon affiliate links, which means we earn a small percentage from those sales. We use this affiliate revenue to support the continued growth of Cook Smarts. Thank you!
Get more helpful cooking tips and resources by signing up for our newsletter below. We send out weekly emails that will help you improve in the kitchen and live a healthier life, so join our community today and start cooking smarter!