2-Ingredient Mashed Sweet Potatoes Are Quick and Delicious
I love to cook, but it doesn’t mean that I’m on a search for complicated recipes. I’m of the philosophy that less is more. As a result, I’m constantly gravitating towards vegetables like sweet potatoes.
Sweet potatoes have so much flavor that you barely need to do anything to them, and they still taste freaking awesome. My recipe for mashed sweet potatoes has just 2 ingredients and 2 steps. Yes, you did read that right. It’s fool proof, can be made on a weeknight, and even in larger batches for freezing.
The other ingredient is Greek yogurt which is becoming all the rage these days. A few spoonfuls of this creamy protein adds a lovely lusciousness to simple boiled sweet potatoes. Following a paleo diet or avoiding dairy? Try a few a tablespoons of coconut milk or cream instead. Either way, you’ll have a wonderful vegetable side dish that you’ll want to eat every night.
- Sweet potatoes - 1½ lbs., peeled & chopped into 1" cubes
- Greek yogurt - ¼ cup to ½ cup
- Sweet potatoes – Peel and chop into 1″ cubes. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Place chopped sweet potatoes into a pot and cover with cold water by about an inch. Bring to a boil, and then simmer until you can easily insert a knife through the potatoes, ~6 to 10 minutes. When sweet potatoes are done, drain in a colander and let steam for ~5 minutes so some of the moisture evaporates.
- Mash sweet potatoes with Greek yogurt, starting with less and adding more as needed. Season to taste with salt.