Lime Cilantro Rice a La Chipotle
Put leftover rice to good use with this copycat Chipotle recipe. (It’s healthier and homemade, too!)
Yesterday you learned that I had a bit of a Chipotle addiction. Being Chinese, I am also addicted to rice, so I clearly was going to love Chipotle’s lime cilantro rice. I literally craved it like a drug addict needing a fix.
Luckily it’s not so hard to make at home and is a great way to repurpose day-old rice and requires just a few ingredients: some oil, lime juice, cilantro, and salt. And if you’re a hot sauce addict like me, you should put some of that in it too. (Wow . . . I never realized how many addictions I had.)
There are literally 3 steps to this:
- Chop your cilantro.
- Reheat rice.
- Use hands to mix everything together and season to taste with more lime juice, salt, or hot sauce.
That’s it. Now go get your fix.
- Cilantro - ¼ cup, chopped
- Leftover rice - ~4 cups, white or brown
- Cooking oil - 1 Tbsp
- Lime juice - 3 Tbsp
- Hot sauce - as desired
- Cilantro – Chop.
- Reheat rice on stovetop or in the microwave until warmed through.
- Mix together with cooking oil, lime juice, cilantro, and hot sauce. Season to taste with salt.