A Key to Successful New Parent Survival is a VERY Easy Meal Plan
With dozens of things to do before a baby comes, our first cooking podcast episode will help soon-to-be parents put an easy meal plan in place before the sleepless nights set in!
Jess Dang, Founder of Cook Smarts here and host of the new Cook Smarts podcast. Since I’m currently out on maternity leave, I wanted to kick off Episode 1 with a super relevant topic for new parents — getting a good system in place so you can make time to cook with a baby.
So many new parents tell me that figuring out what to feed themselves is one of their biggest parenting challenges. They wished they had figured out a meal planning routine earlier and not while dealing with all the other demands that come with being a new parent, so that’s what we’ll cover in this first episode!
In today’s podcast, I’ll walk you through my 4-step game plan for getting a cooking system in place before the baby comes, so that your sleep-deprived brain has one less thing to worry about. These tried-and-true ideas for new parents can serve as your survival guide to feeding yourself!
- How to stock up on freezer meals before the baby comes
- How to create easy meal plans to help you get through the early days
- How to keep yourself nourished all day long (remember – food for nursing mothers is paramount!), and . . .
- The most important cooking skill you should learn now to save time in the future (so you can spend more time with your little one or, let’s be honest, catching up on those much needed zzz’s).
Subscribe & review in your podcast player
We’re a brand new podcast for food and life hack lovers, so please subscribe to us in your podcast player and leave a rating in iTunes! It really does help people find us. We’ll do some fun prize drawings to give you an extra incentive.
And of course, spread the word to your friends and family. There are already so many info-packed episodes scheduled to help you become a more confident and organized cook!
Podcast launch giveaway!
To celebrate the launch of our new podcast, we will be doing a giveaway over on our Instagram! For a chance to win a 6-month Cook Smarts meal plan subscription, a $50 Amazon gift card, and a Cook Smarts tote bag of your choice:
- Leave a review of our podcast on iTunes *this counts as 3 entries!*
- For another entry, pop onto this Instagram post and tag a friend who will benefit from our cooking podcast in the comments (each tag = 1 entry)
- For another entry, share our Instagram post on your Instagram Stories and tag us with #cooksmartspodcast (your account will need to be public for us to see!)
The giveaway begins NOW and ends on Wed 5/1. We will randomly choose a winner on Thu 5/2, and the winner will be notified on our Instagram on Fri 5/3.
Note: If you participate in the giveaway through both Instagram and by leaving a review on iTunes, let us know what handle you used for the review, so we can count all of your entries!
Links mentioned in this episode
Get more helpful cooking tips and resources by signing up for our newsletter below. We send out weekly emails that will help you improve in the kitchen and live a healthier life, so join our community today and start cooking smarter!