Meal Plan Menu | Week of 4/23/18
This week, our meal plan service will take you on a trip around the Mediterranean!
The Mediterranean Sea is the site where Europe, Africa, and the Middle East converge. With so many diverse cultures sharing a coastline, it is no surprise that cuisine from the region showcases rich flavors and aromas that can both blend well and uniquely stand on their own.
Parsley is native to the region and has been used as flavoring and garnishes for millennia. One of our suggestions for you this week is embrace parsley by the bunch! Our dinners use its distinct flavor and aroma to deliver Mediterranean inspiration, whether you are enjoying kebabs or turkey burgers.
As the weather warms and sweet scents take to the breeze, make a point to relish in the fresh tastes of tangy herb yogurt sauce, Za’atar spice blend, and smooth olive oil. We must warn you, though. By Friday, you may find yourself going to Google and typing, “trips to the Mediterranean this summer”!
Are ready to explore the Mediterranean coast? If so, jump aboard our meal plan and click to:
“I look forward to seeing new ideas, or old ideas in fresh ways. That’s the part I look forward to the most.“
— Kari P. (Member since Oct 2014)
All meals come with gluten-free, paleo, and vegetarian options, as well as a grocery list and optional weekend prep steps.
Meal Planning Tips
- Buy a big bunch of parsley to add fresh herbal notes to tabbouleh and sauces throughout the entire week. We make sure none goes to waste.
- Our Original, Gluten-Free, and Vegetarian meals this week allow you to make couscous, quinoa, and / or sauces for two different dinners at once. Cook once, eat twice!
- If you don’t have Za’atar seasoning readily available where you live, make your own with the help of our Spice Blend infographic guide. We can also give you a seasoning hack using ingredients you might already have in your pantry: blend equal parts thyme, oregano, and sesame seeds!
- Prep kebabs and turkey burger patties ahead of time so you can just throw them on the grill or stovetop when you’re ready to cook.
- After grilling up Monday’s chicken, you can chop up leftovers and use them for chicken salad sandwiches or wraps.
- Once you have tried our tangy herb yogurt sauce, you will want any excuse to incorporate it into more meals. Simply make a double batch and then liven up a salad or give your raw vegetables an extra special dip.
On the Menu
Add some zest into your week with colorful Mediterranean kebabs! The fresh smell of lemon can give you that extra kick to start your week off strong. If you’re short on time, you can skip the kebabs and just saute the chicken in a pan. The flavors will be just as good over flatbread and a side of invigorating tabbouleh.
Gluten-free members can enjoy GF flatbread and make quinoa for two meals to replace couscous. If you’re on the Paleo diet, you can enjoy a grain-free meal by adding bell peppers, mushrooms, and extra chicken to your skewers. Our vegetarians can add peppers and olives to grilled Halloumi cheese, which gives 8 grams of protein per serving.
Panko-crusted fish always gets great reviews from our community members. This time around, we’re giving you an entirely new experience by using light tilapia as a base, a unique spiced crust, and serving alongside cumin roasted carrots, chickpeas, and couscous. Broaden your horizons with the original flavors of Za’atar, a Middle Eastern spice blend made primarily of thyme, oregano (or sumac), and sesame seeds.
Those on a gluten-free diet can use Monday’s leftover quinoa and GF panko bread crumbs. Paleo members will nix the couscous, roast cauliflower with their carrots, and try their hand at sesame-crusted tilapia. Vegetarians can dig in to a Za’atar roasted vegetable bowl with garbanzo beans, Monday’s leftover couscous, and a tangy herb yogurt sauce.
This recipe is a wonderful way to kick off grilling season. With the bold flavors of cumin, coriander, and red onion, these turkey burgers will be delicious whether you cook them on the stovetop or on the grill. Tangy herb yogurt sauce and roasted potato wedges will be sure to get you over Hump Day with a smile on your face.
Gluten-free members can easily get GF breadcrumbs and hamburger buns and are good to go. Paleo eaters can enjoy the same flavorful turkey patties with an avocado and sweet potato salad. Herbivores can savor the flavors of Tuesday’s yogurt sauce over seasoned tofu, tangy pickled onion, and creamy avocado tacos.
Our quick, fresh flatbreads only take 30 minutes to prepare. The colors, flavors, and textures combine for a refreshing dinner that brings the worlds of salad and pizza together in a special way. Add some sweet protein in with our honey yogurt that can be drizzled, used as a dip, or saved for a light and creamy dessert.
For this meal, our vegetarians don’t have to change a thing while our gluten-free members can simply swap in GF flatbread. Our Paleo version keeps the Mediterranean flair with Za’atar pork tenderloin and a fresh arugula and radish salad.