Roasted Parmesan Broccoli
Broccoli is such a great vegetable. Seriously, we can’t stop raving about it. Not only is it delicious and good for you, it’s available year-round, making it super dependable. Whether roasted, stir-fried, or blanched for a chilled salad, we can always count on broccoli to add some greens to any meal.
When we came up with this recipe for Roasted Parmesan Broccoli, we paired it with a fish entree, but rave reviews for this meal were all for the broccoli! Simple roasted broccoli! (Not that the fish wasn’t good. It was fantastic, but just couldn’t outshine the broccoli. That just goes to show how awesome broccoli can be.)
Of course, we can’t keep all the good things to ourselves, so we had to share this recipe with you. Sharing is caring, right?
This side dish may be really easy, but that’s what makes it so awesome. Easy and delicious are the perfect ingredients for an amazing dinner. All you have to do is pop it in the oven, and halfway through, sprinkle grated Parmesan on the broccoli. As it finishes cooking in the oven, the Parmesan gets golden and adds a tasty, salty and nutty flavor to the broccoli.
In addition to not being able to say no to broccoli, we also can’t say no to cheese, so we like to shave some fresh parmesan on the finished product for more cheesy goodness.
Now this is one dish we can eat for the rest of our lives! No lie.
Broccoli can be enjoyed many different ways, like in these recipes here:
Here’s a crucial lesson on how to chop broccoli, so that you can make a ton of broccoli dishes quickly and efficiently:
An inexpensive sheet pan is great for roasting all sorts of vegetables.
- Broccoli – 1 lb, chopped (~1 head)
- Cooking oil – 1 tbsp
- Salt and pepper – a sprinkle
- Parmesan cheese – 3 tbsp, grated
- Pine nuts (opt) – 2 tbsp
- Broccoli – Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss broccoli with cooking oil and sprinkle with some salt and pepper on a sheet pan. Roast in the oven for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with parmesan and some more black pepper. Roast for another 8 to 10 minutes, until parmesan is golden.
- Sprinkle pine nuts on top, if desired, and enjoy alongside your main course!