Meal Plan Menu | Week of 7/1/19
With our easy to cook dinner recipes, you’ll get to enjoy flavorful and healthy homemade meals during busy summer nights!
Summertime is in full swing and this week for our meal plan service, we are featuring some of our favorite summer meals! What makes these dinners so darn good? Well, each recipe is made up with tons of flavor, utilizes peak seasonal produce, and is purposely designed to be fun for the whole family to enjoy. Each dish can also be prepped ahead of time, allowing you more time to enjoy the sun. And with our adjustable serving sizes feature, you can easily adapt the recipes to feed a hungry crowd coming home from swim lessons or day camp.
On our menu this week are marinated pork tenderloin, refreshing side salads, a juicy American burger with a delightful Italian twist, spiced burrito bowls with all the fixings, and a classic shrimp boil – all of these perfect to bring to a Fourth of July celebration!
We hope these seasonal flavors and special dishes inspire you to celebrate these incredible summer nights.
“It’s fun and rewarding to be able to create delicious home cooked food that can be enjoyed by me and my family. It’s a skill that I value and am thankful for.”
– Kiera H. (Member since March 2015)
All meals come with gluten-free, paleo, and vegetarian options, as well as a grocery list and optional weekend prep steps.
On the Menu
Pork tenderloin is a lean protein that’s simple to prepare on a busy summer night. We infuse each bite with bright bursts of flavor thanks to a homemade marinade. Our recipe includes directions for how to cook the tenderloin both on the stovetop / oven and outside on the grill so you can choose your own adventure! Serve with grilled zucchini spears and a side of balsamic farro salad with creamy mozzarella, juicy tomatoes, and fresh basil, and you’ll agree this is summer dining at its finest!
For vegetarians and those who practice Meatless Mondays, we bulk up the Balsamic Farro Salad with green beans and pine nuts for a super delicious summer salad (also an excellent choice to bring to a backyard barbecue!). For a Paleo take on this meal, nix the farro and mozzarella and add green beans to the side salad. Substitute gluten-free pasta for the farro to make it a GF dinner.
Picture the best summertime Italian appetizer on top of a juicy burger and you’ve got Tuesday’s dinner – Caprese Burgers! This meal practically screams summertime with the ripe tomatoes, creamy mozzarella cheese, and fresh basil all on top of a burger patty drizzled with balsamic vinegar. Serve with a sweet strawberry spinach salad on the side and you’ll be patting yourself on the back for a dinnertime success!
Our Paleo members will skip the buns and serve the burgers on top of portobello mushrooms. Vegetarians will love these Caprese Portobello Burgers, and gluten-free folks can enjoy the same flavors as the original recipe, but with GF buns and Tamari as substitutions.
Summertime dining continues with an easy burrito bowl recipe. It’s a kind of meal where all the components can be prepped ahead of time and set out so that everyone can assemble their own bowls to their heart’s delight! This meal may be vegetarian, but packs in the protein and fiber with two kinds of beans, corn, and farro. Top with fresh pico de gallo, crisp lettuce, cool sour cream, and tortilla chips for a satisfying crunch.
This vegetarian dish is easily made gluten-free by using rice and GF tortilla chips. If you follow a Paleo diet, be sure to check out our Paleo Chicken Fajita Salad.
Looking for a festive and fun summer meal to eat outside? Look no further! Everything comes together so easily with this one-pot shrimp boil with sweet corn and creamy red potatoes. Present this to your family and friends on a large serving platter or line a table with newspaper and pour everything right on top! Serve with your favorite dipping sauces and a crisp summer salad of romaine lettuce and tomatoes, then sit back and enjoy this classic summertime meal.
Our Paleo Shrimp Boil uses sweet potatoes in place of the corn and red potatoes. For vegetarians, this Succotash Pasta Salad is a delicious entree twist on the classic Southern vegetable dish, succotash. Vegan sausage is added to capture that smoky summertime flavor.
Smart meal planning ideas come with every weekly menu. The smarts listed below are only a portion of the meal prep tips we include to help you make the most of your ingredients and your time. Join our community to get the full benefits of our meal plan service every day!
Meal Planning Tips
- Fresh mozzarella has a delicate and fresh flavor that pairs perfectly with summertime produce such as ripe tomatoes and basil. We use this classic Italian combination as flavor inspiration in Monday’s Balsamic Farro Salad and Tuesday’s Caprese Burgers.
- Nothing says summer like garden-fresh herbs! This week, put a bundle of sweet basil to good use and add the perfect touch to salads and burgers.
- Tomato season is in full swing, and now is the perfect time to enjoy them in different meals! A variety of tomatoes are used throughout the week in different ways, so you can make one quick stop to grab cherry, beefsteak, and roma tomatoes all in one go. And don’t forget – tomatoes taste better when stored on your kitchen countertop; refrigeration causes tomatoes to turn mealy.
- Fresh pico de gallo is a delicious homemade salsa that adds a bright burst of flavor to Wednesday’s chickpea burrito bowls. If you are short on time this week and need a hand with prepping the pico de gallo, opt for a shortcut by picking up ready-made pico at the refrigerated section of the produce department in your local grocery store.
- Use a cast iron skillet to make a delicious breakfast hash with chopped leftover potatoes, corn, and sausage from Thursday’s Shrimp Boil.
- Did you pick up a big bunch of basil this week? Make a quick pesto and fire up the grill for some yummy Caprese Naan Pizzas topped with any leftover fresh mozzarella and tomatoes for a fun twist on pizza night!
- Chop leftover cooked pork tenderloin and add to salads and sandwiches this week for an extra protein boost.