Parmesan Garlic Bread
You’re probably thinking, “Does anyone really need a recipe for garlic bread?” Truth is, no, you don’t need a recipe for buttery, garlicky bread. But does it hurt to have one more garlic bread recipe? Of course not!
After all, you simply can’t go wrong with bread slathered with a butter garlic mixture. And when you sprinkle salty Parmesan cheese and fresh parsley on top, well, you’ve got one fantastic complement to your winner dinner.
So even if you have your tried-and-true garlic bread recipe, we really think that you should give this one a try.
Garlic bread is such a common side dish, it’s possible to forget about it sometimes. We’re always featuring a bunch of veggie side dishes or salads, but some dinners really call for simple and reliable garlic bread. Crunchy on the outside, fluffy on the inside, and oozing with flavor.
We like to dunk this in soups or eat alongside a thick, hearty stew, but in all honesty, you can find us nibbling on this for a snack.
What do you like to eat with garlic bread? Tell us in the comments below, so that we can have more excuses to make this delicious recipe.
It’s about time that this overlooked garlicky goodness got the attention it deserves!
Meals to Enjoy with Your Parmesan Garlic Bread:
- Spaghetti Aglio e Oglio with Slow-Roasted Tomatoes (for a classic Italian dinner)
- Cauliflower, Potato, and Leek Soup (a hearty, comforting weeknight meal)
- Shrimp in Saffron Tomato Cream Sauce (for sopping up a delicious sauce that will go great with anything)
- Pan-Seared Sausages with Balsamic-Apple Cider Red Cabbage (a quick and easy, German-inspired fall favorite)
- Classic Minestrone with Sun-dried Tomato Pesto (a filling and healthy vegetarian dinner)
Fresh herbs add a flavorful brightness to garlic bread. Check out how to chop parsley with this video. [Learn more about flavoring meals with herbs here.]
Putting the bread on a sheet pan makes it easy to take in and out of the oven.
- Parsley – 3 sprigs, chopped
- Garlic – 2 cloves, crushed
- Butter – 2 tbsp
- Parmesan – 2 tbsp, grated
- Baguette or ciabatta – 4 oz. (1/3 to 1/2 a loaf)
- Parsley / Garlic – Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Mash garlic with butter, parmesan, and parsley. Slice bread open lengthwise, and spread on garlic butter.
- Heat up oven to 375 degrees. Place bread onto a sheet pan and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until bread is golden.
- Enjoy with main course. We like to dip this in soup!