Meal Plan Menu | Week of 7/13/20
Don’t rely on fast food to get a quick meal on the table! With this week’s meal plan, you’ll have easy dinner recipes for summer right at your fingertips. We’ve taken care of all the planning, so you don’t have to think about what to cook for dinner and can say goodbye to fast food.
Maple Brown Sugar Pork Chops with Peach & Corn Salad
Achieve the perfect balance of sweet and savory with this colorful dinner! Butter – lightly sweetened with a touch of maple syrup and brown sugar – takes these grilled pork chops to the next level by giving the meat a caramelized exterior. Served with a colorful peach and corn salad topped with tangy feta cheese and crunchy almonds, this quick weeknight meal is destined to become a summertime favorite.
A few simple substitutions to this naturally gluten-free dinner are all that’s needed to make it Paleo compliant. For a meatless Monday recipe the whole family will love, check out the sweet and savory flavors in our recipe for Maple-Brown Sugar Tempeh.
Lebanese Grilled Chicken Skewers with Lemon-Tahini Sauce
With help from the grill and a flavorful homemade lemon-tahini sauce, these Lebanese-inspired grilled chicken skewers with onions and bell peppers are packed with authentic flavor. Served over fluffy couscous with a refreshing cucumber side salad, this chicken dinner is perfect for summertime dining.
Enjoy with protein-packed quinoa for a gluten-free option or cauliflower rice for a Paleo alternative. The vegetarian version of this recipe – Za’atar Vegetable Skewers – is budget-friendly and full of seasonal summer veggies.
Avocado & Smoked Salmon Bagel Toast with Marinated Tomatoes
This is not your average avocado toast! We start with the basic – creamy, ripe avocados mashed with fresh lemon juice – and then spread on toasted bagels. Then we top with peppery arugula, Everything Bagel seasoning, and smoked salmon, making every bite a blast of flavor, texture, and delight! A side salad of marinated fresh tomatoes rounds out this meal deliciously.
No bagels? No problem! Try our Paleo recipe for Avocado Sweet Potato “Toast” and you’ll discover a new love for roasted sweet potatoes with creamy avocados. No smoked salmon? Try our vegetarian avocado bagel toast with a perfectly poached egg on top. You can also use your favorite gluten-free bagels for a splendid GF avocado toast dinner.
Middle Eastern Lamb Tacos with Za’atar & Chili Garlic Green Beans
Taco night is the perfect time to enjoy a fusion of flavors! This recipe brings the Middle Eastern flavors of za’atar spiced lamb, peppery arugula, tangy feta cheese, and spicy harissa crema together in a crunchy corn taco shell. Chili garlic green beans add a boost of veggie goodness to this satisfying meal.
Our Cook Smarts members love our previous recipe for crunchy lentil tacos, so we know our vegetarian Crunchy Za’atar Lentil Tacos are sure to be a big hit for any non-meat eaters! For more dietary options, serve the lamb tacos in lettuce cups for a tasty Paleo meal or pick up GF taco shells for a delicious gluten-free taco recipe.
“I love the different cuisines — learning the spices and different ingredients is fun.”
– Jessica E. (Member since Dec 2015)
Smart meal planning ideas come with every weekly menu. The smarts listed below are only a portion of the meal prep tips we include to help you make the most of your ingredients and your time. Join our community to get the full benefits of our meal plan service every day!
Meal Planning Tips
- Get a head start on marinating Tuesday’s grilled chicken skewers, which can be done up to 2 days ahead of time. The chicken will become more flavorful and tender the longer you allow it to marinate.
- So many of the meals this week incorporate fresh, seasonal produce. For that reason, we don’t recommend making an entire meal ahead of time. Instead, prep the veggies in advance and store them according to our prep instructions, as provided in each of our meal plan recipes. This will save lots of time and clean up during the week!
An efficient meal plan not only saves you time and money in the grocery store, but also reduces food waste by using one ingredient in several meals.
- This week, feta cheese adds just the right amount of tangy, savory flavor to both Monday’s peach and corn salad and Thursday’s Middle Eastern lamb tacos.
- Yogurt is used for both Tuesday’s chicken marinade and Thursday’s spicy harissa crema topping.
- Leafy green arugula adds a peppery zip to both Wednesday’s smoked salmon bagel and Thursday’s tacos.
- Fresh parsley brightens dishes by adding a fresh, herby flavor and it’s used in a few meals this week. Both flat leaf and curly varieties will work well.
- Make homemade crunchy croutons by cubing leftover bagels and tossing in melted butter and Everything Bagel seasoning. Bake in the oven until slightly toasted and crisp. Add to salads, soups, or enjoy as a crunchy snack. (Watch this video to learn how to make croutons at home!)
- Toss leftover couscous with any cucumber salad leftover from Tuesday and marinated tomatoes from Wednesday. Add leftover feta cheese and grilled chicken (or a can of chickpeas from your pantry). Enjoy as a salad over leftover arugula or as a tortilla wrap for a satisfying lunch.
- Don’t let any of the spicy harissa crema go to waste! Roast cubed plain or sweet potatoes and top with leftover crema, feta cheese, and sliced green onions for a delicious veggie side dish.
We do more than create meal plans.
We create memories around the dinner table.
All meals come with gluten-free, paleo, and vegetarian options, as well as a grocery list and optional weekend prep steps. Join our weekly meal plan service to get the grocery list, dinner steps, and more cooking tips for these 4 simple dinners.