Meal Plan Menu | Week of 4/13/20
Enjoy a flavorful springtime dinner menu this week that is expertly crafted to include fresh seasonal produce and introduce you to new and creative dinner time ideas.
Poached Salmon, Asparagus & Snap Peas in Coconut Lime Curry
Begin the week with fresh salmon and spring veggies poached in a delicate green curry coconut milk broth seasoned with flavorful aromatics like ginger, shallots, and lemongrass. You’ll love how tender and flaky the fish gets from this cooking technique! Serve with fluffy basmati rice, which is perfect for soaking up every last drop of this delicious curry.
All diets can enjoy these fresh springtime flavors! Our original recipe is not only gluten-free, it can also easily be made Paleo by serving with cauliflower rice. Vegetarians get to enjoy this amazing dish in our recipe for Thai Tofu Curry.
Indian Butter Chicken Meatballs with Basmati Rice
A deeply flavorful and aromatic take-out favorite, Indian butter chicken is now available to make right from the comfort of your kitchen. This rich curry sauce develops flavor and color from fresh ginger, garam masala, coriander, curry powder, red pepper flakes, garlic, butter, and crushed tomatoes. A bit of half and half adds just the right amount of creaminess to balance out the spice in this dish. And for a fun twist on a classic dish, this recipe calls for chicken meatballs . . . because everything is just more fun with meatballs!
Use gluten-free breadcrumbs for gluten-free meatballs or almond meal for Paleo meatballs. Vegetarians will love our recipe for homemade veggie meatballs that simmer wonderfully in our homemade Indian butter sauce.
Mushroom & Pancetta Spring Tortellini with Cream Sauce
There’s so much to love about this quick pasta dish that’s packed with fresh springtime veggies! From the savory pancetta, to the earthy mushrooms, to the pillowy tortellini and the sweet green peas . . . the flavors and textures are perfectly balanced. A light cream sauce, fresh lemon zest, black pepper, and parmesan cheese tie everything together into one family-friendly dish.
Our gluten-free members can enjoy this comforting pasta dish by using their favorite GF pasta, such as fusilli. Vegetarians will simply skip the pancetta in the recipe. Our Paleo recipe for Pan-Seared Chicken with Mushroom Sauce captures all the flavors of the original dish but without the pasta.
Indian Naan Pizza with Curry Romaine Salad
We’ve combined delicious Indian butter sauce (from earlier in the week) with soft naan bread and created a super tasty pizza that is ready within minutes – perfect for a busy weeknight! Simply top with fresh mozzarella cheese, crisp bell peppers, and sweet peas and pop in the oven until the cheese is bubbly. Serve with a fresh salad topped with a homemade curry vinaigrette on the side and you’ve got a well-balanced and unique pizza night!
This vegetarian pizza can be made GF by using your favorite gluten-free flatbread. Our Paleo members will use the leftover Indian butter sauce in our recipe for Indian Shrimp Saute with peas, bell peppers, and zucchini noodles.
“I must say that since Cook Smarts, I have tried things I never thought I would!”
– Deb S. (Member since March 2017)
Smart meal planning ideas come with every weekly menu. The smarts listed below are only a portion of the meal prep tips we include to help you make the most of your ingredients and your time. Join our community to get the full benefits of our meal plan service every day!
Meal Planning Tips
- Tuesday’s chicken meatballs can be made ahead and warmed before serving, which is super helpful if you know that you won’t have time to form the meatballs on Tuesday night. You can even make all components of Tuesday’s meal in advance, including the Indian butter sauce. As an added bonus, we use the Indian butter sauce again in Thursday’s naan pizza, meaning two of the week’s meals can be prepped at the same time.
- We love incorporating an abundance of fresh produce in our weekly recipes, but we certainly don’t love food waste. So, we strive to use fresh ingredients several times throughout the week so none goes to waste. This week we use fresh cilantro, zesty ginger, sweet green peas, and aromatic shallots in several recipes. Be sure to use our grocery list feature to know exactly how much to purchase.
- Creamy half and half adds just a bit of decadence to this week’s Indian butter sauce and the spring tortellini dishes.
- Make an Indian fusion wrap by slicing leftover meatballs and top with a fresh lime slaw (coleslaw mix tossed with a bit of lime juice, cooking oil, and brown sugar) and a dollop of yogurt and chopped cilantro.
- Make a colorful springtime frittata over the weekend with leftover pancetta, fresh spinach, mushrooms, and red bell peppers.
- Instead of reaching for a sugary snack in the afternoon, make a healthy veggie platter with a homemade dipping sauce by stirring yogurt into leftover Indian butter sauce.
We do more than create meal plans.
We create memories around the dinner table.
All meals come with gluten-free, paleo, and vegetarian options, as well as a grocery list and optional weekend prep steps. Join our weekly meal plan service to get the grocery list, dinner steps, and more cooking tips for these 4 simple dinners.