Meal Plan Menu | Week of 3/30/20
Get in and out of the store in a flash and save money on groceries when you use a planned menu for the week. From Miso Butter Halibut and Rice to Baked Chicken Chimichangas, we’ve got a lot of deliciousness coming your way!
Halibut with Miso Butter & Charred Green Beans
Miso butter has become a Cook Smarts classic because it is just so darn delicious. Our community has raved about it every time it’s paired with a different protein, so this time we decided to combine our rich, savory butter with the mild flavors of halibut. Once you melt some more miso butter over chili garlic green beans and fluffy rice, you’ll be marking this 40-minute recipe down as a new favorite!
If you like to eat vegetarian, this gluten-free recipe is super easy to make meat-free by using tofu ‘steaks’ instead of fish. If you are on the Paleo diet, you can still enjoy this delicious meal by making our rich amino butter and enjoying it over cauliflower rice and the same halibut and green beans.
Baked Chicken Chimichangas with Roasted Broccoli
If you’ve never enjoyed chimichangas before, they are Tex-Mex burritos with a deep-fried tortilla shell. But with health being one of our top priorities, we gave our version the Cook Smarts treatment to lighten things up! Instead of deep-frying, this recipe achieves crispy deliciousness by baking the chimichangas in the oven with some melted butter brushed on top. The result is a crisp, golden exterior and classic filling with far fewer calories than the standard restaurant version.
To make things even better, our chimichangas are freezer-friendly, so you can make extras and never be far from a mouthwatering meal! You can also easily enjoy this recipe on a gluten-free diet by picking up burrito-sized, GF tortillas at the store. If you are on a meatless diet, our vegetarian chimichangas use eggs in place of chicken for a dish that is great for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. However, since chimichangas are not exactly Paleo-friendly, we have a Latin Chicken Soup recipe that will give those eating Paleo some of the same warming flavors in a flavorful soup that’s ready in just 35 minutes!
Egg Roll in a Bowl with Sweet Thai Chili Sauce
Forget all the wrappers and deep frying! From cabbage to ground meat, this satisfying bowl lets the classic filling of an egg roll truly shine. Serve it over fluffy white or brown rice and bring the whole meal to perfection with our Sweet Thai Chili Sauce drizzled on top.
This 40-minute meal can be made completely ahead of time and only takes swapping out the ground turkey for lentils to make it vegetarian. You can also make it gluten-free by using tamari instead of soy sauce. Our Paleo version nixes the Sweet Thai Chili Sauce but the stir-fry still packs in a lot of flavor and is delicious served over buttery cauliflower rice.
Thai Chicken Pizza with Cucumbers & Bean Sprouts
This Thai-inspired recipe utilizes pre-made pizza dough, but has the spirit of a really delectable flatbread. Instead of typical red sauce and cheese, this unique dish is loaded with both cooked and fresh ingredients like rotisserie chicken, peanuts, and cucumbers. This recipe lets our Sweet Thai Chili Sauce bring everything together with a burst of flavor that the whole family will enjoy.
For those who are gluten-free among us, all you have to do is get GF pizza dough and flour and you’ll be good to go. For a vegetarian meal, simply use savory button mushrooms in place of chicken and still enjoy 18 grams of protein per serving! If you follow a Paleo diet or just want a shorter dinner this week, our 35-minute Thai Chicken and Zucchini Stir-Fry is accompanied by a refreshing tropical fruit smoothie.
“[My biggest cooking win this year was] actually having a meal plan and sticking to the list when grocery shopping. It’s been a lifesaver in terms of our budget and health!”
– Aileen C. (Member since Sept 2018)
Smart meal planning ideas come with every weekly menu. The smarts listed below are only a portion of the meal prep tips we include to help you make the most of your ingredients and your time. Join our community to get the full benefits of our meal plan service every day!
Meal Planning Tips
- Our “Egg Roll in a Bowl” is the height of convenience because it can be made completely ahead of time. So, get a jump start on your week by whipping it up early and then you’ll only need to reheat it when Wednesday night rolls around.
- Another way to get ahead is to prep Monday’s miso butter and Wednesday’s / Thursday’s Thai chili sauce. They can be made up to 5 days ahead and refrigerated, and ready come dinnertime!
- Shredding rotisserie chicken is an easy thing to do over the weekend and will save you precious minutes when Thursday evening rolls around.
- For those cooking our Original, Gluten-Free, and Vegetarian meals, you can save on time by making one batch of our Sweet Thai Chili Sauce to top a stir-fry one night and pizza another.
- You can also make a double batch of rice to enjoy with two different Original, Gluten-Free, and Vegetarian dinners this week.
- If you are cooking Paleo, you can make one big batch of cauliflower rice to serve on Monday and Wednesday.
- If you want to enjoy a delicious and different frittata one morning or afternoon this week, all you need to do is dice up leftover halibut and green beans from Monday and fold them in.
- You can easily get two different meals from our egg roll filling if you use leftovers to make a version of our Mushu Wraps. Just make sure you have some Hoisin sauce and tortillas on hand, and you’ll have everything you need!
We do more than create meal plans.
We create memories around the dinner table.
All meals come with gluten-free, paleo, and vegetarian options, as well as a grocery list and optional weekend prep steps. Join our weekly meal plan service to get the grocery list, dinner steps, and more cooking tips for these 4 simple dinners.