Wow! Salmon seems to be quite a winner for everyone! When we asked if you would rather eat Lemon-Garlic Salmon or Chicken Soba Noodles on our Facebook page, most of you answered “salmon.” And just a couple of weeks ago, we featured another winner dish, Paleo Salmon with Coconut Aminos Butter. But we agree – what’s not to love about salmon? It’s healthy, good for you, delicious, and oh-so-very easy to cook! Summer is here, and warmer weather is slowly starting to roll in (if it hasn’t for you already), so we understand if you do not want to turn on your oven for this all-oven dish. If you are willing to chance turning on the oven for a taste of this delicious meal, then you won’t regret it!
“Good flavors – and very, very easy and quick!” -Sara
First, this dish is so quick and easy to make – you just pop everything in the oven, and it is ready in less than 20 minutes. Quick cooking time means that you can spend more time doing what you love to do in the summer, whether it’s hanging around in the backyard with the little ones or settling down for poker night with a cold beer by your side. Second, lemon-garlic infused oil, salmon, and roasted asparagus are refreshingly light and super healthy. No heavy meal to make you feel sluggish and weigh you down in the summer heat! A good balance of protein and veggies, this dish may be healthy, but that doesn’t mean it’s boring. The lemon-garlic oil infuses a pleasant and light flavor to the dish, making this an ultimate summer meal.
“I really loved this. It was so easy! I had never roasted asparagus before, and it may have been the best asparagus I have ever had.” -Tracey
Lastly, roasted asparagus is out of this world. We guarantee perfectly cooked asparagus every time, complete with crispy tips and wonderful flavor. It really is different from any other cooking method, as the heat caramelizes the asparagus, enhancing their natural sweetness and flavors. If you want more roasted veggies with your meals and don’t mind turning on the oven, play with different flavor profiles, many of which can be found in our Roasting Vegetables with Lots of Flavor cooking formula.
Check out our videos on how to quickly prep the lemon, salmon, and asparagus: https://vimeo.com/89761478/ http://vimeo.com/85275601 https://vimeo.com/89760608/ Learn how to enhance flavors of vegetables by roasting them in the oven: https://vimeo.com/56801334
Inexpensive sheet pans are very handy and perfect for quick meals like this one.
- Lemon – 1, zest of
- Garlic – 1 clove, crushed or minced
- Grapeseed oil – 1/4 cup (Or other mild oil like canola, avocado, or light olive oil)
- Salmon – 1 lb.
- Asparagus – 1 1/2 lbs.
- Lemon juice – 1 tbs.
- Make lemon-garlic infused oil – Zest the peel of the lemon and mince garlic. Add to grapeseed oil (or other mild flavor oil like canola, avocado, or light olive oil) and let steep, overnight if possible. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Salmon – Rinse and dry. Place on a sheet pan.
- Asparagus – Trim off ~½” from the bottom of the spears.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Pour 2/3rds of the lemon-garlic infused oil over salmon. Sprinkle with some salt and pepper and bake in the oven for 14 to 18 minutes, depending on the thickness of the salmon.
- Place asparagus on a sheet pan and toss with the remainder of the flavored oil. Roast in the oven with salmon, timing it so that the two items finish around the same time. Thinner asparagus spears should take 6 to 8 minutes, thicker ones 9 to 12 minutes.
- Finish salmon and asparagus with lemon juice and a sprinkle of salt and pepper fresh out of the oven.