Kale Caesar Salad
Your ‘eat healthy’ New Year’s resolutions shouldn’t mean that you have to eat boring. I promise you kale can be tasty and you don’t even have to puree it into murky green smoothie! This Kale Caesar Salad recipe uses a yogurt based dressing and shows you that healthy can taste pretty good, which will hopefully help you stay on this healthy eating bandwagon for a bit longer.
Did you make any food related New Year’s resolutions? Share them in the comments below – I’d love to help you keep them!
Store bought packaged croutons are so 2013. See how easy it is to make homemade croutons in the video below:
And if you’re going to be eating more kale in 2014, you should learn how to prep it in this video:
Don’t own a salad spinner? It’ll make incorporating greens into your diet so much easier for a small investment.
- Bread – 2 cups, torn (You can go rustic with a ciabatta or a baguette or use sandwich bread)
- Olive oil – 2 tbs. + 2 tbs.
- Kale – 1 bunch, leaves of
- Lemon juice – 2 tbs.
- Dijon mustard – 1 tsp.
- Plain yogurt – 2 tbs.
- Parmesan cheese – for serving over salad, grated
- Make croutons – Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Tear bread into small bite-sized pieces. Toss with first part of olive oil and bake in the oven for 12 to 15 minutes, until golden and crispy. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead, just store croutons in a well-sealed container)
- Kale – Remove leaves from stems and tear into bite-sized pieces. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Make vinaigrette – Whisk together lemon juice, Dijon, yogurt, and remainder of olive oil. Toss with kale leaves and refrigerate. (Can be done up to 1 day ahead)
- Toss dressed kale leaves with croutons and parmesan cheese if desired.