After 6 months of crazy planning and work, I’m so excited to give you your first peek into Nourish.
Even though official work began only last September, I’ve been preparing for Nourish since I gave my first Cook Smarts cooking lesson on January 29th, 2012.
Ever the consultant, I arrived with a binder of PowerPoint slides explaining all the concepts and skills we were going to go over that day.
It was so much fun that I spent the rest of 2012 traveling all over the Bay Area working with every type of cook in the kitchen:
- Parents managing the transition from convenient takeout for two (or simple cereal dinners) to preparing home cooked family meals
- 20-somethings who wanted to turn their cooking show watching skills to actual cooking skills
- Widowers who felt lost in the kitchen after their spouses passed
Getting to spend time in my students’ kitchens was an amazing experience, and it gave me a deep understanding of the two cooking challenges that just about everyone expressed:
- Figuring out what to make for dinner stresses me out . . . so I don’t do it nearly as often as I want to.
- I never learned the cooking basics so just have never felt comfortable in the kitchen.
Over the last two years, I’ve spent a lot of time focusing on challenge #1 with our meal plan service, but the requests for lessons never stopped, which is why I created Nourish.
Nourish is a 6 week online cooking program that focuses on the basics, combining the most important and helpful lessons I gave to my students.
The best part is anyone with an internet connection can take Nourish. You don’t have to live in the Bay Area. You can take Nourish from anywhere in the world starting this May.
There will be videos, recipes, beautifully-designed handouts, and lots and lots of support from me.
We’ll start sign-ups late April with the inaugural class launching May 1, 2015. If you want to make sure you get all the updates and some early-bird discounts, just leave us your name and email here.
If there are people in your life who could benefit from Nourish, I would so appreciate your sharing the program with them. You can send them to the nourish site: https://nourish.cooksmarts.com or share on social media:
I’m so excited to share this new part of Cook Smarts with you and to create a more nourished world together!