Meal Plan Menu | Week of 2/17/20
Puzzled about what to make for dinner this week? Our meal plan menu will take the guesswork out of dinner planning, so you and your family can enjoy hearty, flavorful weeknight dinners without any stress!
Dinner time can be one big puzzle, what with figuring out what to make, what to buy, and knowing how to use everything up efficiently without waste. And on top of all that, making sure it’s delicious! In other words, dinner can seem complicated, but that’s where we come in!
We LOVE meal planning and want to do all the puzzling stuff for you. We’ll do the planning and figuring out, and all you have to do is the cooking. When we meal plan, we intentionally craft seasonally fresh and delicious weeknight dinners the whole family will love. We’ll help you decide what’s for dinner, what’s on the grocery list, how to prep the ingredients ahead of time, and even how to repurpose leftovers.
Our meal plan service will save you time, money, and stress in the kitchen so that you can do more of the things you love. Read more below on how this week’s meal plan menu can help you save time, cook healthier, and get out of your dinner rut!
“I am so grateful for Cook Smarts. This is where I learned to cook, learned to shop smarter, learned to become more efficient and provide nourishment for my son.”
– Emily J. (Member since May 2015)
All meals come with gluten-free, paleo, and vegetarian options, as well as a grocery list and optional weekend prep steps.
On the Menu
Spaghetti Carbonara with Shrimp, Bacon, Broccoli & Sun-dried Tomatoes
Spaghetti carbonara is a rich and flavorful pasta that originates from Rome. In this iconic dish, hot pasta noodles are quickly tossed with raw eggs and parmesan cheese to create a smooth, silky sauce. Our take on this classic is made heartier with the addition of sauteed shrimp, sundried tomatoes, and fresh broccoli. Top with crisped bacon, black pepper, and pepper flakes, and you’ve got a well-rounded and tasty way to start the week!
Avoiding gluten? Simply use your favorite GF pasta in this recipe. Enjoy all these flavors in a Shrimp Saute with Broccoli and Sun-Dried Tomatoes for a delicious Paleo meal. For a meatless Monday recipe, simply skip the bacon and use artichokes in our recipe for a vegetarian Sun-Dried Tomato and Artichoke Carbonara.
Balsamic Farro Saute with Sweet Potatoes, Kidney Beans & Fried Egg
For the perfect cozy, cold-weather meal, look no further than this Balsamic Farro Saute! Sweet potatoes, mushrooms, and spinach add color, flavor, and healthful nutrients to this dish. Savory pancetta, kidney beans, and a beautifully fried egg with a runny yolk pack a big boost of protein and even more flavor. This hearty dish is simultaneously rustic and elegant at the same time, and takes less than an hour to toss together.
This saute is easily customizable. Simply use brown rice and Tamari for a gluten-free dish. If you follow the Paleo diet, make our Balsamic Sweet Potato, Sausage, and Mushroom Saute and you won’t even miss the grains. Omit the pancetta for a satisfying vegetarian meal.
Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Tenders with Sage-Roasted Carrots & Farro
Everything is better with bacon, right? Elevate chicken tenders by wrapping them in bacon and searing them until the bacon is crisp and the chicken is tender and juicy. A scrumptious pan sauce and a side of sage-roasted carrots add a boost of flavor to this gourmet meal that can be on the dinner table in 45 minutes. If you made extra farro on Tuesday to go with this meal, dinner will come together even faster!
Serve with brown rice for a gluten-free meal or an arugula salad for a Paleo dish. Vegetarians will love our hearty Kale and Farro Salad with roasted carrots, avocados, goat cheese, and sliced almonds.
Cumin Lamb Lettuce Cups with Szechuan Green Beans
The flavors of this dish will transport you to another world! We put a Middle Eastern twist on traditional Chinese lettuce cups by using ground lamb spiced with cumin, soy sauce, hot sauce, garlic, peppers, and onions. Add a bit of heat with our community-favorite spicy Szechuan green beans. In only 35 minutes, you can enjoy this flavorful, fun dinner!
Tamari replaces the soy sauce in our gluten-free recipe and Bragg’s / coconut aminos is used in our Paleo variation. Vegetarians will enjoy all the same flavors in our recipe for Cumin Tofu and Shiitake Lettuce Cups.
Smart meal planning ideas come with every weekly menu. The smarts listed below are only a portion of the meal prep tips we include to help you make the most of your ingredients and your time. Join our community to get the full benefits of our meal plan service every day!
Meal Planning Tips
- Tuesday’s Balsamic Farro Saute reheats very well, so go ahead and make the recipe over the weekend. On Tuesday evening, cook the eggs to your liking and dinner will be ready in a flash!
- This week we use bacon twice, so that none of the package goes to waste. Top delicious pasta with crisp chopped bacon one night and then use whole strips of bacon to wrap chicken tenders later in the week. Be sure to buy thinly sliced bacon so that it cooks quickly and evenly for Wednesday’s meal.
- Sage is a savory, fresh herb that adds an earthy flavor. It pairs well with roasted vegetables and balsamic vinegar – both of which you’ll find in this week’s meal plan!
- Make a gourmet pizza by topping pizza dough with leftover cooked bacon-wrapped chicken chopped into bite sized pieces. Add sauteed mushrooms, fresh spinach, grated parmesan cheese, and drizzle with herbed olive oil. Check out our all-inclusive Pizza Guide for more inspiration and recipes!
- Chances are you have extra eggs leftover this week. Bake a frittata with leftover sweet potatoes, spinach, and parmesan cheese. Use this recipe for Sweet Potato and Spinach Frittata as inspiration!
- Don’t let leftover sun-dried tomatoes get lost in the condiment shelf in your fridge! Put these flavor-packed beauties to use by making a big pot of Pureed Tomato Soup over the weekend. The sun-dried tomatoes add incredible depth of flavor to the soup.
We do more than create meal plans.
We create memories around the dinner table.
Join our weekly meal plan service to get the grocery list, dinner steps, and more cooking tips for these 4 simple dinners.