Meal Plan Menu | Week of 5/20/19
This week, we use spice blends and homemade sauces to add delectable flavors to our recipe menu!
If you’ve been itching for a vacation recently, this week’s menu can take your taste buds on a little trip around India and the Mediterranean.
Since our community members are always requesting more sheet pan meals, we start the week bringing our flavor game with an Indian-inspired Chicken and Broccoli One Pan Meal with Herb Yogurt Sauce. On Tuesday, we employ some Greek flavors with Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto Potatoes and a fresh Arugula Salad. Next we pair the savory Middle Eastern Za’atar spice blend with Pork Chops and Cauliflower Rice Tabbouleh. To finish off our flavor tour strong, we bring you decadent Italian tastes with a stuffed Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken Breast and Roasted Green Beans.
Amazingly, all of these delicious dishes are completely gluten-free! To learn more about our vegetarian and Paleo recipe versions and tips to make each meal come together fast, see below.
“I am inspired by delicious, flavorful food, and it’s rewarding when you can make it yourself with fresh ingredients.”
– Katie W. (Member since Jan 2016)
All meals come with gluten-free, Paleo, and vegetarian options, as well as a grocery list and optional weekend prep steps.
On the Menu
Our Indian-inspired Curry Spice Mix brings the perfect blend of flavors to this dish’s roasted chicken. Served with cauliflower rice and a tangy herb yogurt sauce, this sheet pan meal will give you time to get the kitchen cleaned up while everything roasts together on one pan.
This naturally gluten-free meal is easy to make Paleo by swapping out the yogurt sauce for our mango salsa. If you are vegetarian or practice Meatless Mondays, you can enjoy our Sheet Pan Indian Sweet Potatoes and Broccoli recipe that is served with quinoa for an extra punch of protein.
We like to think of this meal as potato “nachos” with a Greek twist! Since we first featured this recipe in 2015, vegetarians and meat-eaters alike have been raving about it. Served with a balsamic arugula salad, who can resist potatoes baked with fontina (or mozzarella) cheese, kalamata olives, and sun-dried tomato pesto, all topped with a dollop of Greek yogurt and a sprinkle of chopped parsley?
This naturally vegetarian and gluten-free recipe is easy to make Paleo by using sweet potatoes, omitting the cheese, and topping with pine nuts.
Clean Mediterranean-inspired flavors are the key to this simple, colorful meal. To lighten up the Za’atar rubbed pork, we use cauliflower rice instead of the traditional bulgur grain and mix it with a fresh tabbouleh salad made with lots of parsley and finely diced vegetables.
This meal is already gluten-free and Paleo-friendly, but if you are vegetarian, you can enjoy our Za’atar Spiced Veggie and White Bean Wraps that are topped with herb yogurt sauce and served alongside a cucumber and tomato salad.
Our stuffed, prosciutto-wrapped chicken breast will win high praises from around the dinner table! With sun-dried tomato pesto leftover from earlier in the week and melty cheese encased in a tender chicken breast, this dish is ready in just 40 minutes. This meal freezes really well, too, so you can be ready for a special occasion any day of the year!
This naturally gluten-free recipe can be made vegetarian by stuffing portobello mushrooms and topping them with crunchy panko bread crumbs. By making a couple tweaks to the stuffed chicken breasts and omitting the cheese, this meal is easy to make Paleo.
Smart meal planning ideas come with every weekly menu. The smarts listed below are only a portion of the meal prep tips we include to help you make the most of your ingredients and your time. Join our community to get the full benefits of our meal plan service every day!
Meal Planning Smarts
- If you are making the Original, GF, or Paleo meals this week, cooking up a double batch of cauliflower rice to use for 2 nights will save time during the work week.
- The vegetarians in our community can also cook once and eat twice by making a double batch of herb yogurt sauce to use for 2 nights.
- This week, everyone can make a big batch of sun-dried tomato pesto on Tuesday so that Thursday’s meal comes together in a flash.
- If you have some spare time over the weekend, make your Monday go so much smoother by cooking the Indian Chicken sheet pan meal ahead of time and just reheating it when it’s time to serve!
- This week’s yogurt sauce, sun-dried tomato pesto, and spice mix can be made up to 5 days ahead of time, so that you can shave off minutes of your weekday meal prep.
- To enjoy amazing and flavorful lunch leftovers, chop up extra Indian chicken from Monday’s dinner and use it in wraps with any leftover herb yogurt sauce!
- For a breakfast that will make you excited to wake up in the morning, quickly saute leftover cauliflower rice tabbouleh and fold it into scrambled eggs or an omelet.