This week’s menu consists of easy weeknight meals packed with big summer flavors you won’t want to miss out on!
Whether you’re dressed in flip flops and pool-ready, or your neighborhood is still waiting for the first signs of summer, we have a wonderful meal plan lined up for you this week! With Memorial Day being this Monday, it feels like the unofficial start of summer and so we have fresh warm weather meals with plenty of grilling options for you.
We know burgers are a go-to menu item for summer barbecues, and this week we have a delicious twist on a burger with our Lamb and Feta Burger. A stand-out ingredient here is our roasted eggplant and red pepper pesto that we use again on Tuesday with roasted tilapia. Our midweek pick-me-up meal is Thai Marinated Chicken with a sweet mango chopped salad on the side. We end the week with a quick and versatile recipe for Ham, Bell Pepper, and Feta Scramble Wraps.
All the meals this week are expertly planned to be efficient with your time, your budget, and your ingredients. The results are easy weeknight meals with simple cooking steps and big summer flavors the whole family will love!
“We, as a family, have really enjoyed letting Cook Smarts do all the planning for us. Most dishes are quick and delicious and deliver a wide variety of flavors. Let Jess help you cook!”
– Kerri D. (Member since May 2013)
All meals come with gluten-free, Paleo, and vegetarian options, as well as a grocery list and optional weekend prep steps.
On the Menu
Raise your hand if you love a good burger! We start the week with a delicious twist on burger patties – ground lamb seasoned with garlic, paprika, and made extra special with fresh mint and tangy feta cheese. But the real stand-out element in this meal is the homemade roasted bell pepper and eggplant pesto; the smokiness of the pesto pairs perfectly with the lamb. A light and refreshing arugula watermelon salad rounds out this summery meal nicely.
Simple substitutions make this recipe accessible to all diets. Our gluten-free members will enjoy this juicy burger on gluten-free buns. Paleo folks will dine sans-buns and top the arugula salad with pepitas instead of feta. Our vegetarian friends can fire up the grill and enjoy our healthy Mediterranean Flatbread recipe topped with melty provolone cheese.
Dinner comes together in a snap tonight by roasting tilapia and broccolini in the oven at the same time! Serve the tilapia over leftover roasted eggplant and red pepper pesto with a squeeze of fresh lemon and you’re good to go! Oven-roasted garlic broccolini adds flavor and texture to this easy (and exotic!) weeknight meal. This original recipe is both gluten-free and Paleo-friendly.
We’ve got a fast-cooking alternative recipe for Orzo Saute with Mushrooms and Chickpeas for vegetarians (and all the pasta lovers out there!) that utilizes the same delicious leftover vegetable pesto.
Grab your sunglasses, sandals, and floppy hat, and get ready to fire up the grill for this summery mid-week pick-me-up! (Or whip out the grill pan if it’s still chilly in your neck of the woods.) Boneless and skinless chicken thighs are marinated in a delightfully sweet and sour Thai marinade and then grilled to perfection. Sweet mangoes, cool cucumbers, fresh mint, and crunchy cashews will make you go for seconds (maybe even thirds!) of this delicious chopped side salad dressed with a flavorful Thai-inspired dressing.
If you follow a Paleo diet, simply use Bragg’s / coconut aminos in the Thai marinade and our gluten-free members will use Tamari. A meat-free alternative to this recipe is to prepare seared tofu in place of chicken thighs.
Thursday’s meal comes together quickly and makes an egg-cellent dinner or breakfast item to have on hand (perfect to make extras and store in the freezer for future quick meals as well). The beauty of this scramble wrap is that it is endlessly versatile, so feel free to add in extra veggies or use whatever cheeses and proteins you have on hand. A fresh fruit salad dressed with mint and lime juice makes this light weeknight dinner feel special.
Our Paleo Ham and Bell Pepper Frittata is a delicious alternative to the scramble wrap. Vegetarians will add a few extra veggies to their Zucchini, Bell Pepper, and Provolone Scramble Wrap. To make this recipe gluten-free, simply use your favorite GF wrap or tortilla.
Smart meal planning ideas come with every weekly menu. The smarts listed below are only a portion of the meal prep tips we include to help you make the most of your ingredients and your time. Join our community to get the full benefits of our meal plan service every day!
Meal Planning Tips
Efficiencies & Make Aheads:
- Make a double batch of roasted eggplant and red pepper pesto to use in two meals this week. Get a head start on the week by making this pesto over the weekend, and Monday and Tuesday’s meals will come together quickly!
- Thursday’s egg scramble wraps can be made ahead of time and frozen for future use. Simply wrap tightly in aluminium foil, defrost in the refrigerator overnight, and then bake in the oven (still inside tin foil) until fully warmed through. These are delicious for breakfast and dinner!
- Fresh mint adds a little zip and lightens dishes. This week we use fresh mint in the lamb burgers, chopped salad with mango and cashews, and fruit salad for a delightful twist.
- Feta cheese is rich, creamy, and tangy. We use this cheese in the lamb burger, arugula watermelon salad, as well as the egg scramble wrap, so none go to waste. (Vegetarians will use provolone cheese in several dishes this week, since its smoky flavors add depth to the dishes and it melts well!)
- Top leftover plain or Greek yogurt with fresh fruit salad from Thursday for a delicious breakfast or snack.
- Thinly slice Thai chicken, mango, and mint for fresh summer rolls like in this Chicken and Mango Summer Roll recipe.
- Chop leftover lamb burger patties and saute with with crushed tomatoes, garlic, and za’atar seasoning for a unique sauce with Mediterranean flair. Serve over noodles, couscous, or use as a dip for crusty bread.