Roasted Broccoli with Tofu and Jalapenos
Author: Jess Dang
Recipe type: Vegetarian Entree
- Soy sauce - 2 tbs.
- Rice vinegar - 2 tsp.
- Crushed garlic - 2 tsp.
- Toasted sesame oil (optional) - 1 tsp.
- Olive / canola oil - 2 tbs.
- Broccoli, chopped into bite-sized pieces - 1 large head or 3 smaller crowns (P)
- Super-firm, vacuum packed tofu, cubed - 1 lb. (P)
- Jalapenos, sliced - 2 (P)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Mix together soy sauce, rice vinegar, crushed garlic, toasted sesame oil, and olive or canola oil.
- Toss sauce with broccoli and tofu on a baking sheet. Spread ingredients out in one even layer and season with salt and pepper. Top with slice jalapenos and roast for 15 to 20 minutes
- Traditionalist: A bowl of brown rice. I am loving the packets of microwaveable brown rice sold in your grocery store's freezer aisles these days
- Asian burrito-fy: Combine with brown rice and your favorite salsa, and roll it all into a flour burrito
- Baked fish: Double the marinade and drizzle over fish, like tilapia. Bake with the vegetables or on a separate baking sheet. Same temperature but the fish will only need about 10 minutes
- Scared to take the tofu plunge? Substitute another vegetarian protein like garbanzo beans
- Can't handle the heat? Skip the jalapenos and toss in some garlic instead
- Not ready to build out your Asian pantry: Roast with just olive oil, salt, and pepper. Toss with a simple vinaigrette or a salsa verde for extra flavor after roasting
Recipe by Cook Smarts at http://www.cooksmarts.com/cs-blog/2012/04/roasted-broccoli-and-tofu/